Greetings from Crested Butte Colorado,
The weather, rather the lack of weather, is on everyone’s mind up here in the East River Valley. The bluebird yet hot and very dry days are stacking up in Colorado and the entire state is doing a rain dance.
Mt. Crested Butte’s Performing Arts Center Update
The Mt. Crested Butte Performing Arts Center (MCBPAC) is making serious progress in its effort to build a brand new facility in Mt. Crested Butte. Working with its partners, the Crested Butte Music Festival, Town of Mt. Crested Butte and Crested Butte Mountain Resort, the MCBPAC has created a conceptual design of the facility and built a strategic plan. The organization is already on its way to fulfilling it’s capital campaign goals. The project has an estimate total value of $23.5 million, of which44% has been pledged as of May 31, 2011.
The new Performing Arts Center is envisioned to be a 500-seat performance hall with a full orchestra pit and fly tower, complete back-of- house facilities, state-of-the-art sound and production capabilities, large lobby, bar/coffee shop, rehearsal spaces, classrooms and administrative offices.
The organization has entered into a 99-year ground lease with the Town of Mt Crested Butte and CBMR for the 1.8 acre site located in the Mountaineer Square North parking lot. The project has an estimate total value of $23.5 million, of which 44% has been pledged as of May 31, 2011.
Cold Spring Ranch Gains Land Conservation Easement.
One of the East River Valley’s best views will be preserved into the future now that the finishing touches have been put on a conservation easement across 190 acres of the Cold Springs Ranch. Another 120-acre parcel will get the same treatment sometime in the future. The Cold Springs Ranch is located south of Crested Butte up Brush Creek Road.
Summer Events Calendar in Crested Butte
Here are some awesome local events happening in our community this summer!
Click on the event link to get more information.
- Alpenglow – Free Outdoor Concerts in the Park (Every Mon. from June 25-Aug 13)
- Crested Butte Music Festival (Jun 30–Aug 12)
- Live From Mt Crested Butte Free Music Series (Every Wed. from July 11-Aug 29)
- Bluegrass in Paradise Kids Camp (July 9-13)
- Bluegrass in Paradise Music Festival (July 14-15)
- Crested Butte Wildflower Festival (July 9–15)
- Living Journeys Summit Hike and Mountain Half Marathon (July 28)
- Crested Butte Arts Festival (August 4–5)
- Chefs on the Edge Culinary Competition (August 20)
- USA Pro Cycling Challenge Local Website Two Stages (August 21–22)
- AWEfest: Artists of the West Elk Art Displays (July and August)
- Crested Butte Film Festival (September 27–30)
Thanks for reading today! Pray for rain and we’ll see you in Crested Butte soon!
Benson Sotheby’s International Realty
Visit All of Channing’s Exclusive and Featured Listings: